Heatmaps are one of the most well-known web analytics visualization tools. They make it easy to quickly see where users are clicking and how far they scroll and overall how users interact with web pages or mobile app.
Digital marketers, digital analysts, UX designers, developers, customer support teams, product teams and sales teams.
Scroll maps are a visual representation of how far users scroll down your web page or mobile app. This type of heatmap can tell you where the most viewed parts of your web page or mobile app are, as well as the least viewed.
Click maps show you the elements on your web page or mobile app that are most interacted with, as well as what’s being ignored. This type of heatmap also identifies the most popular links on your web page, as well as unclickable areas that users are rage clicking. The data from this heatmap helps remove areas of user struggle.
Move maps show users’ mouse movements on a web page. This type of heatmap provides insight into how a user interacts with your web page. You can see what grabs their attention and where something causes a user to struggle. With this data, friction points can be identified and resolved in a timely manner.
Heatmaps can help you answer critical questions about your website or mobile app, such as:
- Are users struggling to find your CTAs?
- How effective are your CTAs?
- Is there content on your web pages that users are skipping over or just not seeing?
- What are the most popular areas of a web page?
- What page elements are distracting users and negatively impacting conversions?
- Are there glitches or places users are mistakenly clicking?
- Where are there opportunities?